The home of Martin and Jane plus Baxter, the West Highland Terrier; Martin works from home and Jane owns her own homestore (a big dream of hers!) in the High Street, together with her friend and artist Caroline.
Built in 1860 by the Admiralty as accommodation for the Head Coastguard and provided a base for naval defense operations at
A substantial red brick build to Admiralty specifications – thick walls and slate roof.
A simple and practical Victorian building.
The interior has been decorated to reflect the simple and practical – with a paint pallet of Farrow & Ball blues and greys to match the seascape
of the ‘Downs’ (the three mile stretch of water between the beach and the Goodwin Sands directly to the East.)
A zinc topped table, vintage Ercol chairs and a stripped wooden floor complete the look.
Contemporary paintings, ceramics and coloured glassware mixed with flea market collectables continue the feel of form and function.
The ‘home-made’ kitchen is finished in a marine dark blue with Oak worktops and a freestanding range cooker.
A double Butler sink complete the look.
The old store room has been turned into an outside laundry.
from the early morning sun reflecting on his computer screen.
together with her friend and artist Caroline Yates.